Winter mornings are always made better with piping hot tea with a hint of ginger and sugary cookies. This variation of your favourite hot beverage is not only delicious but also has a bunch of health benefits. From common cold to relieving stress, ginger tea is a yummy antidote to many of our health problems. Whether you prepare it with a hint of milk or drink it black with honey, here are 8 incredible health benefits of ginger tea!
- Get relief from nausea: Ginger tea is extremely useful when you are feeling nauseous. Drink a cup when you start feeling the symptoms of nausea to relieve yourself. You can also start your long journeys after a hot cup of ginger tea so that you prevent the nausea and vomiting often associated with motion sickness.
- Enhance your digestive health: If your digestive health needs improving, ginger tea is one of your best bets. Drink a cuppa after a heavy meal to enhance your digestion and aid the absorption of food.
- Get inflammation under control: Joint pains and muscle inflammations can be quite painful. But there is no need to worry, because ginger has extremely good anti-inflammatory properties. Besides drinking ginger tea, you can also rub a bit of black ginger tea on your inflamed area for temporary relief.
- Counter respiratory problems: Ginger and ginger tea is one of the best antidotes for the common cold. It helps relieve congestion from cold as well as from environmental allergies such as dust allergy, sinus headaches and sore throat.
- Boost blood circulation: Ginger tea is rich in amino acids, vitamins and minerals that boost blood circulation and improve cardiovascular health.
- Get rid of cramps: When the cramps hurt more than necessary, a cup of ginger tea gives the much-needed relief. Also, a ginger tea soaked towel might alleviate your pain and when accompanied with a cup of ginger tea with honey, it is most likely to relax your muscles and make you feel better.
- Increase immunity: Ginger is well known for its ability to boost immunity. The high levels of antioxidants in this commonly used spice makes ginger tea an extremely good agent for strengthening your resistance against various diseases.
- Get rid of stress: The strong aroma and healing properties of ginger work well together to calm your tension and lower your stress levels. Have a cup of ginger tea at the end of the day to get rid of your worries that day.