Is fatigue your best friend? Do you stay up at night trying to fall asleep but all the coffee from 5 in the evening keeps you awake? Are dark circles your natural “eye shadows”? Are you snapping at your friends, co-workers and family constantly? If your answer to all or most of the above questions are a resounding yes, it’s time for a detox!
Detoxing is an extremely popular way to get your body back up and running! It is the process of flushing harmful toxins out of your body, helping it to get back to its optimal state. Surprisingly enough, the liver is highly effective in eliminating toxins and coupled with a healthy intake of AVT Green Tea, we can be sure that your detox is taken care of!
But before we give you the details about effectively carrying out a green tea detox with the AVT Green Tea, let us tell you how green tea can help in a detox:
- It’s Rich (In Antioxidants): Green tea is extremely rich in antioxidants. This basically means that it inhibits the release of oxidants in your body which in turn helps in tackling diseases and illnesses. It counters the effect of free radicals in your system and helps our internal organs function more efficiently. Thus, green tea becomes important in hindering the liver’s tendency to produce high quantities of free radicals as a by-product. It also helps the liver increase its enzyme activity therefore protecting it from damage and fuels the detoxification process.
- It’s Hydrating and Stimulating: Add hydrating and mildly stimulating to the list of positives that Green Tea has! Its low caffeine content ensures that while it wakes you up, it does not keep you wide awake.
- It helps in Digestion: Like most green teas, AVT Green Tea is also a great friend when it comes to digestion. A cup of our yummy lemon flavoured green tea after lunch makes sure that the dessert that you couldn’t resist does not harm your fitness goals!
The process of detoxing with green tea is quite simple. It does not require you to follow an elaborate procedure, fast or reduce your intake of food and can be summarised in 3 simple steps –
- Eat Healthy: Eat a balanced and nutritious diet that has a minimal or no processed food component. Replace white rice with brown rice, dairy with soy or almond milk and minimise the intake of harmful fats. Consuming 5-6 small meals is key to a good and wholesome diet without the problem of having to fast or skip meals. Minimise or eliminate the intake of soft drinks, alcohol and nicotine to see better results!
- Hit the Gym: There is no substitute for exercise. Not only does regular exercise keep you physically fit, it also ensures that you have a routine which more often than not helps you in maintaining a certain amount of order through your day. Working out also helps release endorphins which are essentially ‘happy hormones’ and are known to uplift your mood and make you feel energized.
- Drink the Tea: Needless to say, the most important part of a green tea detox is the regular consumption of green tea. You need to incorporate several cups of premium quality green tea, like the AVT Green Tea, in your diet through the day.
It is necessary to continue this routine several times for a few weeks. You might get to see the obvious results of this detox in a few days but it’s essential that the practice is continued for an extended period of time for you to actually feel rejuvenated.
Repeat this detox routine a few times through the year whenever you feel sluggish and stressed. Identify the perfect time for you to go through this schedule and AVT Green Tea will always be your detox buddy!